Research Associate/Senior Research Associate - Next Generation Sequencing
RhoDx, Inc. is looking for an experienced Research Associate with expertise in next generation sequencing (NGS) and general molecular biology methods. This is an opportunity to work side by side with prominent researchers and entrepreneurs in developing the company’s proprietary technologies that will power the next generation of tools for cancer screening and characterization.
RhoDx is a development stage biotech company poised to commercialize technologies that improve upon existing methods to detect the genetic and epigenetic alterations that underlie cancer and other diseases. Our mission is to leverage these technologies to improve liquid biopsy and enable more scalable, sensitive, and descriptive detection of cancer. We believe better methods for screening and monitoring cancer will have the biggest impact on patient outcomes this decade. We seek curious and motivated scientists to join us.
This position at our St Louis site will focus on basic and clinical development of our core technologies – NexGenAbler™, a cell-free DNA library prep method and PointSuppressor™, a powerful new approach for rare allele detection. The candidate should have strong hands-on experience in NGS with a deep understanding of sample prep workflows. The successful candidate will also have experience in general molecular biology techniques such as electrophoresis and nucleic acid purification. This position will involve working directly with senior members of our team to overcome the technical challenges of assay development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow standard operating protocols, generate and analyze data to support optimization of NGS assays incorporating RhoDx core technologies.
- Support experiments to qualify, validate, and document assays for performance in relevant clinical samples.
- Assist in writing protocols and other technical materials to support assay development.
- Assist in developing scientific strategy based on literature and peer interaction at relevant conferences.
- Independently communicate findings both internally and externally in written and oral forums.
- Education/experience: MS in Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, or a closely related field. BS with equivalent experience will be equally considered.
- Professional experience: 2 or more years post graduate laboratory experience with extensive hands-on experience in NGS.
- Experience in related methods such as nucleic acid purification, electrophoresis, and general molecular biology techniques.
- Hands-on experience with multiplex PCR a plus
- Demonstrated strong ability to multitask.